- by Ian Framson
- Oct 26, 2012
- Hotel WiFi, Tradeshow Internet
Before you head into a hotel negotiation check out Katie McKown's video with 10 amazing tips to ensure you get the best deal possible for your event.
1. Waive meeting room rental fees
2. Ask for "need dates"
3. Get a walk clause
4. Beware the cancellation clause
5. Figure out food & beverage minimums (don't forget gratuity & state sales tax)
6. Know your audio/visual (and Internet) options
7. Lower your attrition rate
8. Reduce your attrition liability
9. Leverage your hotel sales manager
10. Ask for comped rooms
Brought to you by Katie McKown, Chris Justice, and our friends at Sparksight.